Sunday, October 7, 2012

Strawberry Tugboat


Okay, so I’m starting a new blog. One where I can write about stuff I care about. That means kids, creativity, science, education, parenting, music. Hopefully, you care about that stuff too. Hopefully, I’ll write and share brilliant articles that help. 

You may be wondering about the title... 


It’s quite a challenge to find a blogspot title that isn’t already taken. Many of my best ideas, no matter how weird or twisted or creative or original, were already taken. Not only that, they were taken by people who started a blog in 2006, then made zero posts! 

Note to Blogger: please release the URLs that aren’t being used!

Anyhow, I wanted something creative, something that might stick in your head, something meaningful. I got two out of three.

I found “Strawberry Tugboat” written on a page in a journal I kept when my daughter was three. It was a place to write down all the cool things she said. We are often at our most creative when working within limitations, such as just-getting-started syntax and vocabulary!

“Strawberry tugboats” is what she called the strawberries floating in her melted ice cream. Here are some others:

“That tree is windy!” (WindyTree was taken.)

“Jelly Bugs” (Taken.)

“It’s delicious when you share.” (Long for a title, but isn’t that awesome?)

I noted the first time she called me “Daddy” after months of being Tigger, Stitch, Timothy, Baloo, Pooh, or Boots. That was fun and all, but I like “Daddy” the best.

“I want naked bread.” (Meaning no crusts - and yes NakedBread was taken.)

“I like my skin closed.” (Who doesn’t?)

“I’m as cold as a meatball!” (Brrr.)

“My bones are curly!” (After being in the car seat too long. CurlyBones and CurlyBone were taken.)

“I was just talking in funny words.” (Yep. Me too.)




No comments:

Post a Comment